Home NewsSara says she already recruited potential running mate for 2028 

Sara says she already recruited potential running mate for 2028 

by Rhoda Grace Saron
0 comments

JUST DAYS after officially declaring her 2028 presidential bid, Vice President Sara Duterte revealed that her search for a running mate is already over.

In an interview with SMNIs “Vox Populi” that aired on Saturday, Feb. 21, Duterte disclosed that she successfully recruited a partner as early as last year.

However, the vice president remains tight-lipped regarding the individual’s identity, citing a need to shield them from political fallout.

“I recruited someone, that’s all I’ll say,” Duterte said during the interview. She emphasized that the secrecy is intentional, stating, “We’ll protect the person until he decides what he’s going to do with his career.”

Last week, Duterte declared her intention to run for president in the 2028 elections amid the four impeachment raps filed against her at the House of Representatives. The official filing of candidacies will begin in October 2027.

In declaring her bid for the presidency, she also apologized to the nation for her role in helping install President Ferdinand Marcos Jr in Malacañang. She said this administration is riddled with corruption and incompetence, which she took accountability for because of the UniTeam. 

You may also like

Leave a Comment